Friday, July 3, 2009

Latest Berkshire Organics Delivery


Here's what we found in our bi-weekly Berkshire Organics delivery (we get the "Berkshire Basket"):

Local - Organic Practices


  • 4 ears Corn - Family Farm, CT
  • 1 bunch Basil - Swartz Family Farm, Amherst, MA
  • 1 bunch Watercress - Swartz Family Farm, Amherst, MA

Certified Organic

  • 1 head Lettuce - Markristo Farm, Hillsdale, NY
  • 3 Pickling Cukes - Warner Farm, Hadley, MA
  • 10 oz Green Beans - Warner Farm, Hadley, MA
  • 2 Onions (Vidalia & Red) - Deep Root, VT
  • 1 Bell Pepper (Red or Yellow) - CA
  • 1 lb Carrots - CA
  • 3 Peaches - SC
  • 2 Nectarines (White) - CA
  • 3 Apricots - CA
  • ½ pint Raspberries - CA
  • 1 Pineapple - Fair Trade
  • 5 Bananas - Fair Trade

This delivery comes on Friday and we leave for the Cape early Saturday am, so this is perfect timing. We'll have wonderful and fresh produce to take to our beach cottage, to counteract all the fried seafood we'll be eating!
.

8 comments:

Blair said...

Wow! That's such an awesome idea, and the produce looks delicious. I can't wait til my local market starts up!! Hope you and your daughter have an amazing trip. :)

Alaskan Dave Down Under said...

Nice basket! Drop me an email when you get back. I've some some great ideas for your feast and some questions to ask you about it.

Skebba said...

Sounds very healthy and delicious!

Alaska-womom said...

Oh fab! Don't you just love fresh produce? We have a huge garden--one treat I discovered is making wraps (tuna or salmon) with the big spinach leaves.
Have you tried the bags that are supposed to extend the life of your produce?

LoveANewIdea said...

First, everyone, let me apologize for my delinquency in responding!! Sadly, I'm STILL catching up from vacation, and life's just seems to be extraordinarily busy these days....

Blair
We had a fabulous time...our best trip to the Cape yet. AND, we got to enjoy this great produce, as the delivery came the day before we left!

Dave-
Hey, great to find you on Twitter! Love reading your tweets... interesting as always. I'm also behind on cleaning out my personal emails - will hopefully send you an email today or tomorrow.

Kelly-
You're back...yay! I've missed hearing from you, but definitely understand the need to limit computer time - it just speeds by!

Jacki-
Love the wrap idea - I would never have thought of that. And no, haven't tried those special produce bags yet...I've always wondered if they worked???

Jeannette said...

Has twitting and tweeting taken you away from your blog, or did you just melt away in the heat of the summer?

Having all that produce delivered almost looks better than growing it at home. It must be great for the farmers to know that they have steady customers.

LoveANewIdea said...

Jeannette-
I know, right! FB and Twitter, for BOTH work and personal, have definitely distracted me from my blog. I keep meaning to get back into it, and definitely have fodder for posts - it's just a matter of finding a little free time somehow! But, thank you for noticing - that means you're visiting and reading, and I definitely appreciate that.

LoveANewIdea said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs