Friday, May 22, 2009

Cell Phone Photo to Twitpic

Airstream Sovereign spotted at a red light today!Most of my Tech Tip posts are written so I can remember how I did something the next time I try to do it again!

I just had success with photographing this Airstream trailer trundling along the street in front of me, using my cell phone camera and uploading the photo to Twitpic. From Twitpic, the photo can also automatically post to my Twitter feed. Here's how it works:

  1. First, of course, you need a Twitter account, which automatically gives you a Twitpic account; then you can just go to Twitpic.com and log in to it using your Twitter username and password.
  2. In Twitpic, click on Settings, where you'll see your Twitpic mobile upload email address.
  3. In your cell phone, create a new contact named Twitpic.
  4. Next, scroll until you can see the email address box for the contact; key in the email address listed on your Twitpic Settings page, and Save the contact.
  5. You are now ready to send a photo, so...take a photo with your cell phone. Then, select the photo and click on Send Photo. Key Twitpic into the To field, and use the Subject line to write in a description of the photo. Press Send.

That's all there is to it! Your photo will post to Twitpic, and also to your Twitterfeed, and you'll feel all techie!

3 comments:

Glennis said...

I am not into facebook, but I do like the picture of the garden center where your picking you basket, wish we had such a good selection.

LoveANewIdea said...

Glennis-
So nice to have a new visitor - thanks for stopping by!
We have really great garden center options here, and Whitney's is my favorite for many things. I ended up choosing a light lavender, white, and sage green basket for the back door, and a pink, purple and yellow basket for the front door - very summery.

LoveANewIdea said...

Marry-
Thank you so much for stopping by! Believe it or not, this Cell Phone Photo to Twitpic post is the top-visited page on my blog. It seems like everyone is trying to figure out how to do it - glad you found it helpful!

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs