You've probably seen this meme on other blogs...posts containing 25 random tidbits about the blog author.
If you're reading this, consider yourself tagged, and come up with your own 25 items. In the Comments at the end of this post, just paste a link to your blog so we can read YOUR 25 Things. Or, if you don't have a blog, feel free to write your 25 Things right in the Comment box.
My 25 Random Things:
- I was a Sergeant by the time I was discharged from the Army; I was very proud of those "hard stripes."
- Out of the 9 children in my family, I'm smack dab in the middle.
- I've been to 49 out of 50 states...still need to get to Alaska. When I'm there, I want to try the Sailor Boy Pilot Bread.
- As an art major, I used to be able to draw and paint fairly well; I haven't tried it in quite some time, so I'm not sure if I still have the ability?
- I painted the outside of my house myself, even as my knees were trembling while I climbed the aluminum extension ladder up to the peak - it's higher up than one might think!
- I collect cookbooks, but they MUST have pictures. Really love my Patio Daddy-O cookbook...a gift from my daughter, who knows me well!
- I would like to write a book (or 2 or 3).
- I love techie things, like hardware, software, killer apps, gadgets, widgets, and other geek paraphernalia...like t-shirts that light up when they detect a wireless signal.
- I actually enjoy public speaking. My biggest audience was around 800, and I loved it!
- There's nothing quite so exciting as a good booming thunderstorm; they're especially memorable down South.
- I've never been to a foreign country (shocking, I know).
- It would be fun to live in a little apartment above a store in San Francisco's Chinatown.
- I'm not bad at DDR, for a mom. Supernova: "Heaven is a Place on Earth" or "Turn on the Music"...yeah!
- I like visiting other people whose houses are not absolutely spic and span - seems like there's a little less pressure to be perfect there.
- Warner Oland was the BEST Charlie Chan; the others that came after were just interlopers.
- I can proudly say "I was there" about Obama's historic Inauguration.
- Public transportation systems in big cities seem rather intimidating, which is odd for me since I tend to be a risk taker.
- Aspirin and aloe vera can cure just about any ailment.
- I don't mind talking with strangers at all, and often strike up conversations when I'm some place new. Usually, they'll talk right back.
- I love making and eating good food. When dining on something too divine (like the Lobster Tiffany at The Ebb Tide Restaurant in Dennisport), I've been known to emit quite audible and absolutely involuntary sighs of bliss, so I usually warn my dining companions in advance so they won't be put off by it.
- There's nothing quite so comforting as the taste, smell, and feel of a cup of hot tea in a white buffalo china mug with a slice of lemon floating on top and steam rising up.
- Beets, asparagus, and brussels sprouts are FAN-tastic.
- I love ultra-soft fabrics in shirts, socks, blankets, sheets - you name it.
- Making lists is such a reasonable way to organize life...I wonder why EVERYONE doesn't do it?
- I've tried skeet shooting, and actually hit my targets. Pull!
What are your 25 Random Things?