Not long ago, I was reviewing new content updates on the "Blogs I Learn From." On one of the sites I visited, I clicked to add a comment. When I did this, I noticed something interesting...the blog owner had a note saying "hi" to their commenters, just above the text area where I could write in my comment. Here's the blog and note:
Taste With The Eyes: "Hi there! What an absolute pleasure to hear from you. I look forward to reading what each and every one of you has to say. Your comments bring this blog to life! If you have a question or a request or would like a more detailed recipe, I will do my best to respond. Thank you so much for visiting and I can't wait to explore your unique blog as well. Lori Lynn"
It had never occurred to me that I could say "hi" in advance to my commenters! So, I got busy searching around my blog admin to figure out how to do this, and here's the easy process I discovered:
- In your blogspot admin, click on Settings.
- Click on the Comments tab.
- Scroll to about halfway down the page, and you'll see something called Comment Form Message.
- Type any greeting you like in the available text box. This message will appear just above the box your commenters will write in when they want to leave you a message.
- When you're satisfied with your greeting, scroll to the bottom of the page and click Save Settings.
Ta-daa...give it a try on your own blog!