Friday, April 3, 2009

Easter Brunch

To make my deviled eggs look nice, I put the filling into a ziplock bag, cut off a lower corner, and squeeze it into the eggs...makes it nice 'n neat!
We expect to have our usual houseful on Easter (which means I really need to get the living room painting finished!). We always do a brunch; here's this year's menu:
  • Mimosas
  • Deviled Eggs, Pickles, and Olives
  • Glazed Spiral Ham
  • Covered Dish Potatoes (made in the crockpot and delishly cheese-y!)
  • Omelet Bar (ham, cheese, green onion, red pepper, mushrooms, tomato)
  • Biscuits 'n Gravy
  • Sunshine Salad (a must at a family event...a variety of fruit, with pastel mini marshmallows and sour cream)
  • Mango Cupcakes (served on the pretty tiered Wilton cupcake stand)
  • Coffee & Tea (I'm going to serve the coffee Cuban-style, with condensed milk)

This will be our first year with the omelet bar...I'll set out the beaten eggs, the fillings, and a couple of pans, and let people make their own. Last year's egg decorating went very well, so I'm thinking this new interactive omelet-making might be a hit too.
.

5 comments:

Skebba said...

That ALL sounds so delicious! Reading your blog always makes me hungry.

LoveANewIdea said...

Kelly-
Glad you like the sounds of the menu. To me, this is such a fun part of planning events - deciding what to serve. I'm really hoping the omelet bar works out...I'll probably write a follow-up post, hopefully with photos.

Skebba said...

Yes please! I'll be sure to eat before I read it though.

Alaskan Dave Down Under said...

The omelette bar sounds like a great idea. Are you going to have folks cook their own or will you be manning the cooker?

LoveANewIdea said...

Dave-
I'm thinking I'll let everyone make their own, but I'll be "standing by" in case anyone needs anything. My family tends to like hands on, so I'm thinking (hoping) they'll enjoy this. I'll let you know how it goes...

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs