Okay, I just learned how to do this, and thought I'd better write it down so I can remember for the next time I want to do it...
To embed a YouTube video into a blog post (to embed is to have a video screen appear in the body of your post, rather than just pasting in a link to a video in your post...click here to see an example), follow these steps:
- Find the YouTube video you want to embed.
- To the right of the video on YouTube, you'll see two codes, one called "URL" and one called "embed." Copy the "embed" code.
- If you want a border on your video, before you copy the "embed" code, click on the asterisk icon to the right of the code. A drop down menu appears, giving you various border color options. Click the color you want, make sure you check the box that says "Show Border," then copy the "embed" code.
- On your blog, start a new post. Write whatever text you want to appear before and after the video you'll be embedding.
- Click on the "Edit Html" tab of the post.
- Paste the code you copied where you want the video to appear in your post text.
- Publish post.
Pretty fancy and pretty easy!