Well, it looks like we'll have about 14 for Thanksgiving dinner this year.
By now, we've hosted this dinner so many times that it's not really hard at all. And, since the menu doesn't change much, it's that much easier. Here's what we'll be feasting on:
- Sparkling Juices (Apple, Pomegranate)
- Turkey (brined)
- Stuffing (bread, giblets, celery and onion)
- Mashed Potatoes & Gravy
- Rolls & Butter (snowflake rolls)
- Sweet Potato Casserole (yes, with Marshmallows!)
- Vegetable Casseroles (brought by guests)
- Cranberry Sauce (our family's recipe, cooked with chopped orange and walnuts)
- Cranberry Jello (our family's recipe includes diced red delicious apples)
- Pickles (Sweet Midgets) & Olives (Black)
- Pumpkin Pie with Whipped Cream
- Apple Pie with Ice Cream
- Coffe & Tea & Hot Spiced Cider
The photo shows the groceries it will take to feed 14 people. Total cost this year, including pretty napkins and hot cups: $124.60.
This week will be busy with getting the table extended and set up, bringing chairs up from the basement, baking pies, and other preparations. It's all part of the fun!