Friday, January 30, 2009

4,000 Questions - #5: Principal's Office



Question #5: Did you ever go to the principal's office?

My Answer:

I was one of those "good" little kids - usually the teacher's pet, top grades, never in any trouble, etc. But, once, in 2nd grade in Buckeye, Arizona, I didn't hear the bell ring after recess. My friend and I were still on the swings, and we both ran into class late, once we noticed that the playground was deserted.

It doesn't seem like a terrible offense, but our teacher sent us to the Principal's office. This was horrifying treatment for a goody-two-shoes to suffer. What made it even worse was that they still practiced corporal punishment. We actually had to bend over the desk and got a few whacks with what I remember was a ping pong paddle. Nothing that hurt terribly, but it certainly did sting our pride.

Your Answer:
.

6 comments:

mouse (aka kimy) said...

oh yes.... for all sorts of ludicrous so called offenses...

I went to catholic elementary schools and of course almost everything was a 'crime' or should I say sin.

in 7th grade I was sent to the principal's office for breaking the dress code - I wore culottes!

in h.s. I was suspended (after visiting the principal's office) for distributing anti-vietnam war materials

these experiences laid the foundation for one of my mantras: resist much, obey little. but I have always been a 'good egg'.... authority figures just seem to have a problem....

LoveANewIdea said...

Mouse-
A rebel in the making from the very beginning! The culottes are just toooo egregious.

ErinM said...

Hello! Well, I was sent to the principal's office once, and it was by mistake. They had the wrong 'Erin.'

Anyway, just wanted to say 'thanks' for adding me to your list of admired blogs! I couldn't find another way to send you a message. : )

Erin (of What I Made Yesterday)

LoveANewIdea said...

Erin-
Thanks for stopping by! I'm always so excited when I find another Berkshire blog to read. AND, you write about food, so naturally, you're blog is to be much admired :)

Sean said...

Yes. The memories are dim now, but I know I ended up in detention more than once for slacking off, or clowning around. And once I forged a note to get myself out of gym class...

LoveANewIdea said...

Sean-
Aaaaghhh - detention! I think I would have cried. And forgery to boot! You and Mouse are my rebel readers...

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs