Thursday, January 15, 2009

Commemorative Metro Pass


Wow - kudos to the DC Metro! They are really doing an awesome job, even as they're under intense strain right about now with all of the inaugural preparations.

On Sunday evening, January 11, I placed an online order for 2 of the commemorative Metro passes, each loaded with $10 for fares. When placing the order, I had to check a box that said I understood that: For orders placed after 11:59 pm on Friday, January 9, 2009, you must click this box to indicate that you are aware that delivery by January 16th cannot be guaranteed.

I decided to risk it, check the box, and place the order anyway. And, the fabulous DC Metro came through for us, with plenty of time to spare! I found the passes as I was checking my mailbox at 10:00 last night, on January 14! (I froze as I reached my arm out into the 5 degree frigid night air to reach into the mailbox.)


PS - everyone and their brother is searching online for the same type of disposable hand warmers we were lucky enough to find at Wal Mart! Another good find we discovered there are Snickers Protein Bars. They're tasty, pack a whopping 20 grams of protein per bar, and we're hoping they sustain us as we're standing in the crowds (where we will also be limiting our beverage intake, for obvious reasons).
.

No comments:

LinkWithin

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs